Successful Business Strategy
A valuable lecture from Michael Porter of the Harvard Business School on the fundamentals of Business Strategy.
Compelling Business Strategy
- The willingness to make some customers unhappy. You can’t make everyone happy. You have to make some customers insanely happy and be ok with not serving the needs of other customers.
- A unique value proposition compared to other organizations
- A distinctive value chain embodying choices about how the organization will operate differently to deliver its uniqueness
- Making clear tradeoffs and choosing what not to do
- Strategy and operations are part of a mutually re-enforcing framework